Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Show & Share

Thank you for stopping back by for the Wednesday "discussion". This week's topic is POP DOTS. Do you love them? Do you hate them? Do you use them? Do you have another method for "popping" pages? We asked our designers and here is what they had to say...

Kelly- “I love to use pop dots. My favorite idea (which I received from another designer in the store) is to pop the design on the back ground paper. When you buy a piece of paper, buy an extra sheet. With the extra sheet cut out a few of the designs on the sheet. For instance, if the paper has a flower pattern, cut out a few flowers and put a pop dot on to adhere. Adhere right over the same shape on the back ground paper. It gives your whole page a 3-D look. I used this idea during the the EKStravaganza in Las Vegas and the layout placed in the top 10. It looks very hard, but truly is a very easy trick!” (Photo below)

Penny- “Honestly, I use glue dots (dimensional) more than I use pop dots-but they are both great! One idea that I love regarding pop dots, is to save the "frame" of adhesive around the dots-after you use the dots- you can cut a "sheet", or whatever shape you need, of adhesive to fit under a larger piece (journaling box, title, etc.). A great way to use the "scraps" left over after the actual dots are used! And easier then applying a ton of dots to a larger piece!
Also, if you have a die cut or stickers you want to add dimension too, you can mount them on cardstock and use a pop dot under them for that added "pop"! Older stickers that you like but are hesitant to use can be used this way for a more "updated" look-they can be distressed and inked too!”

Ashleigh- “Yeah, my favorite thing! Just read the designers bio about me and you will see! I love love love pop dots. I use them on almost every page. There is just something about the way they make the items pop right off the page. I like to cut out an image from the background and pop dot it right over top to show dimension. I also like using it on picture frames, or even on shadow boxes. If you have never used them come in to try them. They are cheap and a fun way to change up your scrappin style!” (Pictures below)

Candi-“I am not a big Pop dot user… in fact, I don’t own a pack of them. BUT, I love the 3D glue dots. They work the same and you don’t have to worry about picking the paper backing off and all that. Just unroll and stick ‘em on. Maybe I will venture out and get some pop dots after reading these others though...nah- just stick to my glue dots!!”
















Please leave comments in the comment section and let us know what you think of this week's product. Can't wait to hear from you all!

No comments: